Cambodian Students and Trainees to Return to Their Study in Viet Nam in Mid-July.

AKP Phnom Penh, July 09, 2020 —  Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia and President of the Cambodian People’s Party, had a telephone conversation with H.E. Nguyen Phu Trong, Secretary General of the Communist Party of Viet Nam and President of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam, on July 9.

Both leaders discussed and exchanged views on collaboration in fighting against Covid-19, bilateral relations and cooperation as well as regional and global issues of common concern, according to a press release of the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation on the outcomes of the conversation.

H.E. Nguyen Phu Trong congratulated the Government of Cambodia, under the wise leadership of Samdech Techo Prime Minister Hun Sen, for its great success in containing and controlling the Covid-19 pandemic, while actively implementing measures to provide timely relief to the people affected by the Covid-19 crisis and restore the socio-economy of Cambodia.

H.E. the President announced that Tây Ninh province welcomes 512 Cambodian students and trainees to return to their study in Viet Nam from the middle July.

In response, Samdech Techo Prime Minister congratulated Viet Nam for successfully hosting the 36th ASEAN Summit. He highly commended the government of Viet Nam, under the leadership of Communist Party of Viet Nam, for taking measures effectively to control Covid-19 and at the same time maintaining the highest rate of economic growth in South East Asia.

Taking this opportunity, Samdech Techo Prime Minister thanked Viet Nam for providing medical supplies to assist Cambodia in controlling Covid-19 and for facilitating the return of Cambodian students and trainees to their educational institutions in Viet Nam.

The two leaders highly appreciated the growing strength of the close relations of good neighborliness and fruitful cooperation between Cambodia and Viet Nam which have brought tangible benefits to the peoples of both countries.

Samdech Techo Prime Minister suggested that both countries further enhance information exchange and mutual support in controlling Covid-19 and the outbreak of other diseases, work closer together to further facilitate cross-border transport of goods and movement of peoples so as to push bilateral trade to reach the US$ 7 billion target and promote economic and investment relations between the two countries.

The two leaders reaffirmed commitment to cooperate closely in enhancing good neighbourliness, traditional friendship and comprehensive cooperation between Cambodia and Viet Nam by continuing to implement effectively all joint statements and bilateral agreements on cooperation between the two countries, convene the 18th Joint Commission meeting and the 11th Conference on Cooperation and Development of Cambodia-Viet Nam Border Provinces as soon as convenient.

The two leaders applauded the signing of the agreements on the conclusion of 84 percent of the land boundary work between Cambodia and Viet Nam, and concurred to speed up settlement of the remaining 16 percent, with a view to build Cambodia-Viet Nam border into a border of peace, stability, cooperation and development.

The two leaders expressed satisfaction with the close cooperation between Cambodia and Viet Nam on regional and international issues and continued support for each other in multilateral frameworks such as Mekong sub-region, ASEAN, ASEM and the United Nations.

 

Source: Agency Kampuchea Press